SS Colorado Springs Gym Owner, JD, joins Ray on the podcast to discuss his role as a military leader, his motivation for opening a gym, recovering from a rooftop fall with strength training, and squatting 500 lb in his 40s.
- 01:25 – JD’s squat PR with no proof
- 03:29 – Role in the military
- 08:38 – Motivation for opening Starting Strength Colorado Springs…you fell off a roof?
- 15:03 – Back to Starting Strength
- 17:29 – When did you start hurting less?
- 19:00 – Other considerations than opening a Starting Strength Gym
- 25:31 – JD’s role in the military and the skills needed
- 29:49 – Philosophical viewpoints coming from the military
- 32:59 – Plan for hiring
- 39:17 – How to contact JD
- 41:42 – Goals for the next few years
- 46:08 – We will grow as slowly as we need to
- 49:21 – Apprenticeship in Orlando
- 57:40 – Last day in the Army
Discuss in Forums
Credit : Source Post